Claiming, setting-up and posting weekly your Google My Business (GMB) account is crucial for Local SEO (Search Engine Optimization – Getting found online). It increases your chances of showing up in Google’s Local Pack, Local Finder and Google Maps.
But how are you going to find the time to fit this into your schedule?
I developed my GMB Optimizer with you in mind!
- Account Setup/Audit & Implementation
- Business Directory Listings (Citations)
- Monthly Management
- Get Reviews!!
Step 1: Account Setup/Audit & Implementation
If you don’t have a Google Business Profile account, it will be setup and optimized. If you do have an account, I will perform an account audit for review and then I will implement the changes we discuss.
Step 2: Business Directory Listings (Citations)
A citation is anytime your business’ name, address and phone number (NAP) are listed online. It’s even better if it’s a NAPW (includes your website). Citations are often referred to as online business directories.
Consistent and complete citations are a good foundation for an SEO strategy. They help your business Get Found Online!
It’s extremely important for Search Engine Optimization (SEO – getting found online) to be listed on as many as you can, have consistent information and not have duplicate listings within the same directory. Having a good base of citations can help form a good base for an SEO strategy. For instance, your Google My Business listing (the most important!) and your Facebook page are both citations. They both list your contact information.
While you may not see direct leads from just having citation listings (except for Google), they lay a good foundation for your business. If someone searches for you online, Google and other search engines will push you DOWN in the results if you have inconsistent or limited citations. The more citations, the more they trust that you are a legitimate business.
Consumers are more likely to blame local businesses for incorrect listings than those online directories (citations). 30% of consumers would even go to a competitor if they found incomplete or inconsistent information online.
There are two forms of citations, aggregator and manual submissions.
Aggregator sites gather information about local businesses and then either sells or distributes the information to online directories, search engines, online maps and other various online apps. It can have a significant detrimental impact on your business coming up in the search results if the information is inconsistent. Aggregator sites need to be submitted to yearly or anytime there is a change in business information. Because aggregator sites sell data, after a year they consider the information to be stale and it loses its ‘trusted’ status. You’ll need to have it updated yearly to confirm there are no changes.
Manual submissions are done by submitting the business information directly to an online citation in order to create or update a listing. Manual submissions only need to be done one time, unless there is a change in business information, then it should be updated.
I am a strong believer in businesses owning their online identity, including any citation listings. For this citation service, you will own your business listings that require a login. If you are comparing citation building work, please make this a priority in your decision.
Having a good base of 25-50 Business Directories is the starting point for Local SEO. These business directories (or citations) build trust for your business and adds extra visibility online for your business. They are a necessary foundation that cannot be ignored.
Think of it as being on a track field and running laps. Your competitors with citations already lapped you before you even take off.
Step 3: Monthly Management
Once your Google My Business account is optimized and you have a strong number of citations, you can’t stop there. You have to consistently optimize your account and get reviews to let Google know that you are important and need to come up at the top of search results.
The best way to do this is with my monthly management. I will handle the following for your account
- Implemented after the setup/audit is complete and is not a stand-alone product.
- Review of keywords and ranking
- Weekly posts with image, text and link. Posts optimized prior to posting.
- Upcoming events to be posted will be counted as a post.
- 10 + images will be optimized and added every month.
- Holiday hours will be added and should have a 2-business day lead time for the request.
- Reviews replied to within 3 business days.
- This is a monthly service with a 3-month minimum.
The best way to take advantage of your Google My Business account is to let me know about any specials or events you have coming up to make sure they are included. Once again, this helps with local Search Engine Optimization!
Step 4: Reviews
Consistently getting Google Reviews and replying to them is one of the most important factors for Local SEO (Search Engine Optimization – Getting found online).
This means getting them often, asking every customer, and replying to reviews in a proper and timely manner.
Asking for reviews can be one of the hardest things for businesses to do! Some businesses think that most customers will only leave negative reviews, but that’s not the case.
The key is to ASK!
I’ll create your review page that can be emailed or texted to clients and also respond to your reviews within 24 hours!
I’ve set up a system to help you consistently ask for reviews! I will setup a site to collect reviews that looks like this, but with your information: https://reviews.muttbuts.com/
Once they type your review and submit, the system copies their text and allows your customer to add it directly to Google!
- It will also be branded with your website and colors. Remember that Google has guidelines that you must follow, this means no review-gating! Review-Gating is when you contact your customers and ask how they liked your service or product. Then all positive answers get sent to leave a review, while any negative answers get sent on a different course of action.I’ll create the email for you and include the link for customers to leave you a review. This can be handled in several different manners, depending on the system you use to send emails to your customers. Please contact me and we can discuss your email management system (Mailchimp, Constant Contact, etc.) and determine the best way to integrate this into your specific system.Remember, consistently getting reviews and responding to them in a timely and appropriate manner is a key component of coming up in search results. Don’t leave it to chance.
PROCESS: Here’s how the process works:*You will be required to save your credit card for automatic billing. Your monthly fee can be cancelled at any time with 10 days notice via email to Tricia@MuttButs.com. If your card is declined, you will be notified and given 5 business days to make payment before the service is terminated.